B.C.'s online vaccine booking system launches Tuesday
brew noser
2021-04-06 01:03:19 UTC
COVID-19: B.C.'s online vaccine booking system launches Tuesday

Starting at 8 a.m. Tuesday, people born in 1950 and earlier (71 and older), Indigenous people 18 and older, and those deemed clinically vulnerable can register to book their vaccine appointment through the province’s Get Vaccinated system.

The province’s long-awaited online booking system for COVID-19 vaccination launches at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, just after B.C. had three days in a row of daily COVID-19 cases topping or nearing 1,000.

Starting at 8 a.m. Tuesday, people born in 1950 and earlier (71 and older), Indigenous people 18 and older, and those clinically vulnerable can register to book their vaccine appointment through the province’s Get Vaccinated system.

People can register online at gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated, by telephone through a provincial call centre at 1-833-838-2323 or in-person at the nearest Service B.C. location.

People will be required to register when they become eligible in their age category. You will receive a confirmation code which will allow you to book a vaccine appointment when you get an email, text or phone call telling you you are eligible to book, based on your age.

To avoid system backlogs, the Ministry of Health is asking people to avoid registering until they become eligible in their age group. People are advised to check the Get Vaccinated website regularly for information on when booking opens up their age group.

“I’m hopeful that it will go very well (Tuesday),” he said. “Of course it will be for everyone to judge when it goes live.”

The provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, has said B.C. is on track to vaccinate nearly half a million residents by mid-April.

“With more vaccine supply, we are taking an important step into Phase 3 of our immunization plan, and I encourage anyone who has questions to go to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control website to learn more about the safe and effective vaccines we have here in B.C.,” Henry said in a statement. “Every vaccine delivered makes all of us safer – let’s keep our momentum going and get everyone who wants one, their first dose by Canada Day.”

“Today marks a major milestone in our fight against COVID-19, and we ask everyone to wait their turn and follow three steps to help put this pandemic behind us,” Premier John Horgan said in a statement.

People between 55 and 65 looking to get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine from their local pharmacy will not be able to book online. They need to book directly with their local pharmacy. A list of participating pharmacies can be found here. <<===
Loose Cannon
2021-04-06 20:22:09 UTC
On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 18:03:19 -0700 (PDT), brew noser
Post by brew noser
[...]
Thank you very much. I'm not used to reading posts that contain
relevant information for us in the Vancouver area. You are a good
person.