How about that, Brokeback Mountain lost the 'big one'.
SunDancer
2006-03-06 16:52:45 UTC
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
--
TOLERANCE is a virtue of a man WITHOUT convictions. Quote: G. K.
Chesterton.
"KATO"
2006-03-06 17:11:22 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
maybe you can learn the difference between "its" and "it's", you dumb pos
filthy fock!
--
"You gotta be smarter than your oponant."

---- Big Dumb Dave. (***@yahoo.com)

"Members of the 3rd right (Nazi/facist)?"

---- Scotty a.k.a. mr. third right. (***@canada.com)

.--------------------------------------.
( BAHHHH! KATO is an friend too )
( my rear end BAHHHHH! )
`--------------------------------------'
, ,/
***@O
@ @@@
@@@@@
@@@@@
|| ||
Vern Schillinger
2006-03-06 19:08:28 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
Canadian owned Lion's Gate Films spend close to equal the production budget for

the film in marketing Crash to the Academy, including distributing 120,000
DVD's of the movie to members of the Screen Actors Guild, who make up 20% of
it. Crash (written & directed by London, Ontario Paul Haggis) simply
outmarketed Brokeback mountain to claim the Oscar for best picture. It has
nothing to do with laughable "Conservative values". Brokeback did however win
3 Oscars, one for the coveted Best Director category.

The right wing spin put out by the homophobic closet queer right wing extremist

minions of Pat Robertson and others only demonstrates their abject gullibility
and lack of intelligence. The articles like Terry (Homo) Pearson's
plagiarized one, are originating from the bowels of the American religious
right propaganda machine which is why they refuse to discuss any artistic merit

and dwell on insane, irrational and outrageous claims about a left wing
conspiracy.
"The Right One"
2006-03-06 19:39:07 UTC
Post by Vern Schillinger
Post by SunDancer
[...]
What's so artistic about packing shit? OIC it becomes more so by wearing a
cowboy hat does it?

"You do not send men and women into
harm's way in a dangerous mission with
the support of our party and other
Canadians and then decide, once
they're over there, that you're not
sure you should have sent them,"
~Prime Minister Stephen Harper
Post by Vern Schillinger
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Rob Henderson
2006-03-06 19:44:52 UTC
Another retarded reply.

Please only respond to posts if you have something of value to contribute.

Dim witted and childish right wing blather does not count as "value".
Sharx35
Left wing diarrhea stinks like the shit it is.
Vern Schillinger
2006-03-06 19:51:19 UTC
Post by "The Right One"
What's so artistic about packing shit? OIC it becomes more so by wearing a
cowboy hat does it?
I see. This is why discussing things with you is often likened to dealing with
an impertinent 10 year-old brat.

They say that you're in your 60's. I find that hard to believe because someone
as intellectually immature as you would either have to have a sub-normal IQ or
be prematurely senile. You're obviously just a pimple faced teenage troll who
lives in his mother's basement. Probably a high school drop out.

Don't expect any further responses from me. Someone like you with the mind of
a child requires medical attention, not attention from me in the form of a
reply.

"The Right One"
2006-03-07 00:02:27 UTC
Post by Vern Schillinger
Post by "The Right One"
What's so artistic about packing shit? OIC it becomes more so by wearing a
cowboy hat does it?
I see. This is why discussing things with you is often likened to dealing with
an impertinent 10 year-old brat.
They say that you're in your 60's. I find that hard to believe because someone
as intellectually immature as you would either have to have a sub-normal IQ or
be prematurely senile. You're obviously just a pimple faced teenage troll who
lives in his mother's basement. Probably a high school drop out.
Don't expect any further responses from me. Someone like you with the mind of
a child requires medical attention, not attention from me in the form of a
reply.
Oh I'm so sad. I am not popular amongst the shit packers. Oh Boo hoo.
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Sew
2006-03-08 03:06:19 UTC
Post by Vern Schillinger
Post by "The Right One"
What's so artistic about packing shit? OIC it becomes more so by wearing a
cowboy hat does it?
I see. This is why discussing things with you is often likened to dealing with
an impertinent 10 year-old brat.
They say that you're in your 60's. I find that hard to believe because someone
as intellectually immature as you would either have to have a sub-normal IQ or
be prematurely senile. You're obviously just a pimple faced teenage troll who
lives in his mother's basement. Probably a high school drop out.
Don't expect any further responses from me. Someone like you with the mind of
a child requires medical attention, not attention from me in the form of a
reply.
haahahaaahaaaa another unhappy usenet reader. Time for another notch
on your belt Sharx. hahhaahaaaa.....
klunk
2006-03-06 20:58:59 UTC
I hear there's a new movie being released about a group of impotent imbeciles
who's approach toward dealing with life's overwhelming issues is to focus their
frustrations into self-serving hate-filled violent actions against those
incapable of fighting back in order to fulfill their base needs for immediate
gratification without any consideration for the long-term implications of their
life choices or the impact their actions have on the lives of those around them
or the society they live in....

Almost all of the main characters in this story eventually die violent deaths
and the remaining survivor apparently commits suicide (hinted at, after the
story ends and not actually shown in it)....

oh.... wait.... it's already been done.... check out Romper Stomper.....
George Dance
2006-03-12 13:42:21 UTC
Post by Vern Schillinger
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
Canadian owned Lion's Gate Films spend close to equal the production budget for
the film in marketing Crash to the Academy, including distributing 120,000
DVD's of the movie to members of the Screen Actors Guild, who make up 20% of
it. Crash (written & directed by London, Ontario Paul Haggis) simply
outmarketed Brokeback mountain to claim the Oscar for best picture.
Oh, my god! Bribery and corruption! Can we get a "Campaign to
De-Award Crash" going? An on-line petition at least? Is there an
Ethics Commissioner who can look into this?
Uncle Oscar
2006-03-06 19:13:55 UTC
How come you not out doing your christian thing hassling 14 year old unwed
mothers. I'll be they're all taller than you too!
When is Canada going to have the death penalty for religious perverted mental
cases like Lauzon?

He didn't watch the Oscar's last night because he was too busy filing away his
kiddie porn collection.

Ivan Gowch
2006-03-06 19:50:49 UTC
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:52:45 -0500, SunDancer
<***@CompaniesStore.com> wrote:

==>Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.

Mabe that's why they gave the best-actor
award to a fellow who played a gay guy.

You lose again.

Bwahahahahaha!
snowman
2006-03-07 01:27:43 UTC
Post by Ivan Gowch
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:52:45 -0500, SunDancer
==>Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
Mabe that's why they gave the best-actor
award to a fellow who played a gay guy.
You lose again.
Bwahahahahaha!
What does the fact that the character is gay have anything to do with
it? Maybe they guy is just a good actor, period. Perhaps that is why
he got the award?
g***@vcn.bc.ca
2006-03-07 18:44:02 UTC
snowman <***@x.x> wrote:
S> What does the fact that the character is gay have anything to do with
S> it? Maybe they guy is just a good actor, period. Perhaps that is why
S> he got the award?

Of course, if the actor was gay, then he wouldn't necessarily be a good actor,
eh?

And when you say "gay" do you mean the Biblical definition, or the nutbar fundy
definition?

--

Because I care,

|<+]::-( ("Cyberpope," the Bishop of ROM!)
(aka Reverend George A. Pope)
(Please quote with "gapope wrote...")
-=-
In essentials, unity;
In non-essentials, liberty;
in all things, charity. -- Baxter quoting Augustine
-=-
note new preferred reply email: Cyberpope67(at)yahoo(dot)com

PS This post specially encoded for verification purposes
--
.
from gapope(at)vcn(dot)bc(dot)ca << Official Reply Address for Usenet Post
.
snowman
2006-03-08 04:44:49 UTC
Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?
g***@vcn.bc.ca
2006-03-10 02:09:43 UTC
snowman <***@x.x> wrote:
S> >And when you say "gay" do you mean the Biblical definition, or the nutbar
S> >definition?

S> Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?

Biblically: men fucking men
fundies: men liking men in any way, whether or not they buttfuck (they fear
their own manlove!)

--

Because I care,

.
snowman
2006-03-10 03:21:00 UTC
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
S> >And when you say "gay" do you mean the Biblical definition, or the nutbar
S> >definition?
S> Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?
Biblically: men fucking men
fundies: men liking men in any way, whether or not they buttfuck (they fear
their own manlove!)
Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
place in the bedrooms of the nation.
Sharx35
2006-03-10 05:42:16 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
Post by snowman
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
And when you say "gay" do you mean the Biblical definition, or the
nutbar definition?
Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?
Biblically: men fucking men
fundies: men liking men in any way, whether or not they buttfuck (they
fear their own manlove!)
Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has
no place in the bedrooms of the nation.
Agreed. IF the activities were KEPT in the bedroom. However, the homosexual
activist agenda insists that we approve their nude or seminude PUBLIC
parades. The bedroom..no problem, but the front porch? No effing way!
snowman
2006-03-11 02:42:40 UTC
Post by Sharx35
Post by snowman
Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has
no place in the bedrooms of the nation.
Agreed. IF the activities were KEPT in the bedroom. However, the homosexual
activist agenda insists that we approve their nude or seminude PUBLIC
parades. The bedroom..no problem, but the front porch? No effing way!
I tend to agree. Keep your private lives to yourselves. It isn't the
business of the government, or you or me or anyone else. Why on earth
anyone would think that it is their right to push such personal opinions
onto others is beyond me.
Ivan Gowch
2006-03-10 18:56:18 UTC
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:21:00 GMT, snowman <***@x.x> wrote:

[snip]

==>Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
==>Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
==>place in the bedrooms of the nation.

You're a pathetic moron.

Pierre Trudeau was without question the best
prime minister Canada has ever had -- the only
one besides Lester Pearson who rose to the
level of world statesman, but more intellectually
gifted than Pearson.

Those like you who continue to heap scorn on
a man the entire world recognized as a superior
leader are nought but pathetic second-raters
who can't stand seeing someone with abilities
way beyond your own.

Trudeau singlehandedly elevated Canada from
its status a parochial backwater, irrelevant on the
world stage, to a progressive, modern state that is
the envy of much of humanity.

He was much, much better than losers like you
deserve and will be remembered as a paragon
of enlightened governance long after you and the other
Trudeau-hating stumbebums have vanished into
your anonymous, well-earned oblivion.
PoBoy
2006-03-10 22:49:41 UTC
Trudeau was a total a**hole marxist.
He drove us deep into debt, and created the myth of bilingualism.
He should be dug up and deported to Cuba.
[snip]
Gordon Chomway
2006-03-10 23:20:58 UTC
Post by PoBoy
Trudeau was a total a**hole marxist.
He drove us deep into debt, and created the myth of bilingualism.
He should be dug up and deported to Cuba.
That's a pretty simplistic view of his political career. Did you forget the
'fuddle duddle' incident and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_finger
because you were being kind?
PoBoy
because you were being kind?
Gordon Chomway
2006-03-10 23:53:20 UTC
Post by PoBoy
Yet another little man looking for his place in history.
Like him or not, it sure is funny that someone like you would say that.

You don't take me as being someone who is a change agent.
snowman
2006-03-11 02:46:38 UTC
Post by Ivan Gowch
[snip]
==>Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
==>Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
==>place in the bedrooms of the nation.
You're a pathetic moron.
Fuck you, asshole. This moron enacted wage and price controls, even
when he said that he would not. He stole billions of dollars from the
west and drove hundreds of families into bankruptcy. He enacted marshal
law in Canada and put soldiers in the streets. He devalued the dollar,
and spent billions of dollars that we didn't have. And we are still
paying for the fucking legacy today. He forced bilingualism on us.
This bastard should be removed from Canadian soil and dumped in the
middle of the Atlantic ocean. Fuck him and fuck you.
Ivan Gowch
2006-03-11 17:53:38 UTC
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 02:46:38 GMT, snowman <***@x.x> wrote:

[snip]

==>Fuck you, asshole.

No, fuck YOU, jealous rightoid asshole.

==> (Trudeau) enacted wage and price controls, even
==>when he said that he would not.

I resented that too, but unlike you, I'm a grownup,
and don't expect to approve of everything done by a
country's political leaders, even ones I generally
like.

==>He stole billions of dollars from the
==>west

Bullshit, you lying slice of dog turd. What Trudeau
did was to make Alberta share some of its oil riches
with the rest of Canada, which Alberta had fully
intended to treat like a foreign country. Most
Canadians heartily approved of his bringing the
selfish, grasping bastards to heel.

==>and drove hundreds of families into bankruptcy.

Horseshit, you half-bright, prevaricating piece
of pig puke. The world was in the grip of a serious
recession, which Trudeau had no part in creating.

==> He enacted marshal law in Canada and put soldiers in the streets.

For a few weeks. The Quebec government had advised
him that an insurrection was in the works. History is
still out on whether that was advisable or not.

==>He devalued the dollar,

Absolute bullshit, you stone-ignorant, unschooled
moron of a garden slug. The value of the Canadian
dollar on international money markets dropped below
that of its U.S. counterpart for the first time in
years in (I believe it was September) 1976, the day
after Rene Levesque's Parti Quebecois won the Quebec
provincial election. Trudeau had absolutely nothing
to do with it.

(God, I so love it when you rightard shitheels expose
your embarrassing ignorance, even of your own
country's recent history.)

==>and spent billions of dollars that we didn't have.

Asshole. 'Most every government on Earth
spends money it doesn't have. Funny, I
don't see you railing against the U.S.
government, which is running a multi-trillion-dollar
deficit. (Oh, I forgot -- to you mongoloids,
everything is acceptable, as long as a right-wing
government does it.) You are so transparent,
and so frighteningly stupid.

==>And we are still
==>paying for the fucking legacy today.

You mean with the unprecedented prosperity we
are currently enjoying?

Bwahahahaha! Wadda fucking maroon you are.
You indict yourself with every dumbass word you write.

==> He forced bilingualism on us.

So?

==>This bastard should be removed from Canadian soil and dumped in the
==>middle of the Atlantic ocean. Fuck him and fuck you.

Aaah, I do so love to see you hate-filled, rightoid
geeks squirm.

What drives you batshit is that it's clear, even to
a third-rate intelligence like yours, that it is my
view of Trudeau that is the one history will record,
not yours.

And again, for the record,

the envy of much of humanity.
snowman
2006-03-11 20:01:07 UTC
Post by Ivan Gowch
[snip]
==>Fuck you, asshole.
No, fuck YOU, jealous rightoid asshole.
Blow it out your ass, fuckface.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==> (Trudeau) enacted wage and price controls, even
==>when he said that he would not.
I resented that too, but unlike you, I'm a grownup,
and don't expect to approve of everything done by a
country's political leaders, even ones I generally
like.
You are a moron with the mind of a 2 year old.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>He stole billions of dollars from the
==>west
Bullshit, you lying slice of dog turd. What Trudeau
did was to make Alberta share some of its oil riches
with the rest of Canada, which Alberta had fully
intended to treat like a foreign country. Most
Canadians heartily approved of his bringing the
selfish, grasping bastards to heel.
He STOLE it. Fuck, can't you Liberal-nazi's just call it what it is?
Dumbass.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>and drove hundreds of families into bankruptcy.
Horseshit, you half-bright, prevaricating piece
of pig puke. The world was in the grip of a serious
recession, which Trudeau had no part in creating.
No, the crook just added to it by his flawed policies.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==> He enacted marshal law in Canada and put soldiers in the streets.
For a few weeks. The Quebec government had advised
him that an insurrection was in the works. History is
still out on whether that was advisable or not.
Meanwhile during this last campaign Martin and his Liberals were
accusing the Conservatives of plotting the same thing. Guess that only
Liberal-nazi's are allowed to trample over the rights of citizens.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>He devalued the dollar,
Absolute bullshit, you stone-ignorant, unschooled
moron of a garden slug. The value of the Canadian
dollar on international money markets dropped below
that of its U.S. counterpart for the first time in
years in (I believe it was September) 1976, the day
after Rene Levesque's Parti Quebecois won the Quebec
provincial election. Trudeau had absolutely nothing
to do with it.
Except that he spent BILLIONS of dollars that we did not have.

"December 3: Pierre Elliott Trudeau (1919-2000) and the Liberal Party
create wage and price controls. Wage controls on 4,300,000 workers and
price controls on 1,500 of the largest Canadian companies. It is a
total failure and he is warned that 10% of Government revenue is
required to service the debt. The country needs Government spending
cuts and debt reduction. The Pierre Trudeau (1919-2000) Liberal
National debt would skyrocket to over 200 billion by the time he leaves
office, but the momentum will push it over 500 billion. The Liberal
socialist policies are driving Canada into debt causing us to devalue
the dollar, thereby placing all Canadian assets for sale at bargain
prices. No one cares because the Canadian culture is based on a
philosophy of trust your King, Government and Church, which the Liberals
exploit"
http://www.agt.net/public/dgarneau/canada-2.htm

Go fuck yourself Ivan. Liberalnazi's like you don't have a brain, much
less a clue.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>and spent billions of dollars that we didn't have.
Asshole. 'Most every government on Earth
spends money it doesn't have.
THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT OR ACCEPTABLE, DUMBASS. Do you really think
that you could operate your house in perpetuity in that manner? Why
then should the government?
Post by Ivan Gowch
Funny, I
don't see you railing against the U.S.
government, which is running a multi-trillion-dollar
deficit.
THIS IS CANADA, you stupid fuck. The American voters can beat on their
leaders, I prefer to concentrate on my own house, and learning the
lessons from how poor leaders like Trudeau fucked up the country. Mind
you, Liberalnazi dumbfucks like you like to stick their noses into other
people's business so I suppose that I should expect your stupidity to be
predominent.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>And we are still
==>paying for the fucking legacy today.
You mean with the unprecedented prosperity we
are currently enjoying?
Mediocrity, instead of being great. Thanks to a dozen years of poor
Liberal policies.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==> He forced bilingualism on us.
So?
So? SO? This country is composed of far more than just two languages.
Yet Trudeau, being the little tin-pot dictator wannabe forced Canadians
to stick to these two languages. Bastard.
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>This bastard should be removed from Canadian soil and dumped in the
==>middle of the Atlantic ocean. Fuck him and fuck you.
What drives you batshit is that it's clear, even to
a third-rate intelligence like yours, that it is my
view of Trudeau that is the one history will record,
not yours.
And again, for the record,
Pierre Trudeau was without question the best
prime minister Canada has ever had
You repeating bullshit does not make it so. The facts prove that
Trudeau was a disaster and an incompetent. Without a doubt the worst
prime minister that we have ever been stuck with. At least the bastard
is now officially gone from this earth and will never infest our
government again.
klunk
2006-03-11 20:31:28 UTC
Post by snowman
He STOLE it. Fuck, can't you Liberal-nazi's just call it what it is?
"liberal-nazi".....?...... puh-leeeeez
talk about an oxymoron.... the only repressively dictatorial attitudes i've ever
witnessed here (and pretty much anywhere else) have only been expressed by those
of a conservative mindset... (and i'm not really referring to political
philosophies/affiliations, although the current, predominate composition of the
CONserfative party is such)...
snowman
2006-03-11 20:36:45 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
He STOLE it. Fuck, can't you Liberal-nazi's just call it what it is?
"liberal-nazi".....?...... puh-leeeeez
talk about an oxymoron.... the only repressively dictatorial attitudes i've ever
witnessed here (and pretty much anywhere else) have only been expressed by those
of a conservative mindset... (and i'm not really referring to political
philosophies/affiliations, although the current, predominate composition of the
CONserfative party is such)...
Ah, so such names are only the pervue of the left wing Liberal mindset.
Gotcha. Roiiight. ~eyes rolling~
klunk
2006-03-11 20:43:04 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
He STOLE it. Fuck, can't you Liberal-nazi's just call it what it is?
"liberal-nazi".....?...... puh-leeeeez
talk about an oxymoron.... the only repressively dictatorial attitudes i've
ever witnessed here (and pretty much anywhere else) have only been expressed
by those of a conservative mindset... (and i'm not really referring to
political philosophies/affiliations, although the current, predominate
composition of the CONserfative party is such)...
Ah, so such names are only the pervue of the left wing Liberal mindset.
Gotcha. Roiiight. ~eyes rolling~
actually... such name calling, particularly the slur of nazism flies in the face
of history and is most often used a weapon by those of a conservative mentality
and this is the crux of my point.... you wish to call someone names and hurl
epithets, i could care less... but every time someone tosses out the slur
"nazi".... my eyes roll....
snowman
2006-03-11 21:58:19 UTC
Post by klunk
actually... such name calling, particularly the slur of nazism flies in the face
of history and is most often used a weapon by those of a conservative mentality
and this is the crux of my point.... you wish to call someone names and hurl
epithets, i could care less... but every time someone tosses out the slur
"nazi".... my eyes roll....
Perhaps. That retard tends to bring out the worst in me,
unfortunately. Maybe it's time that I simply kill-filed the putz.
snowman
2006-03-11 20:39:19 UTC
Post by klunk
"liberal-nazi".....?
BTW klunk, do a google search for 'Ivan Gowch'. Read a few of his posts
from over the years. The "liberalnazi" term fits this idiot very well.
klunk
2006-03-11 20:46:02 UTC
Post by klunk
"liberal-nazi".....?
BTW klunk, do a google search for 'Ivan Gowch'. Read a few of his posts from
over the years. The "liberalnazi" term fits this idiot very well.
i've read a number of his posts in the last few months i've been an active
participant and the last appellate i would use to describe him is as a "nazi"...
*IF* i were to apply such a term to anyone, it would be John Lauzon... aka
StunnedDunce, alias et al....
Ivan Gowch
2006-03-12 19:29:42 UTC
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:01:07 GMT, snowman <***@x.x> wrote:

[snip]

s:
==>>==> (Trudeau) enacted wage and price controls, even
==>>==>when he said that he would not.

IG:
==>> I resented that too, but unlike you, I'm a grownup,
==>> and don't expect to approve of everything done by a
==>> country's political leaders, even ones I generally
==>> like.

==>You are a moron with the mind of a 2 year old.

TRANSLATION: "Nyaah, nyaah, nyaah."

s:
==>>==>He stole billions of dollars from the
==>>==>west

IG:
==>> Bullshit, you lying slice of dog turd. What Trudeau
==>> did was to make Alberta share some of its oil riches
==>> with the rest of Canada, which Alberta had fully
==>> intended to treat like a foreign country. Most
==>> Canadians heartily approved of his bringing the
==>> selfish, grasping bastards to heel.

==>He STOLE it. Fuck, can't you Liberal-nazi's just call it what it is?
==>Dumbass.

In other words, you can't refute what I said
in the slightest. Thanks.

s:
==>>==>and drove hundreds of families into bankruptcy.

IG:
==>> Horseshit, you half-bright, prevaricating piece
==>> of pig puke. The world was in the grip of a serious
==>> recession, which Trudeau had no part in creating.

==>No, the crook just added to it by his flawed policies.

"Added to it . . . " Again, you acknowledge the facts
I presented, you just want to "spin" them. Tough
shit. You don't get away with that here.
This ain't Fox News, dumbass.

Here, suck on this, doofus:

"Some people consider Trudeau's economic policies to
have been a weak point. Inflation and unemployment
marred much of his term and, when he left office, the
national debt and deficit were at all time high
levels. However, these trends were present in most
western countries at the time, they continued after he
left office, and the role Trudeau played in them is
debatable." - Wikipedia.

s:
==>>==> He enacted marshal (sic) law in Canada and put soldiers in the streets.

IG:
==>> For a few weeks. The Quebec government had advised
==>> him that an insurrection was in the works. History is
==>> still out on whether that was advisable or not.

==>Meanwhile during this last campaign Martin and his Liberals were
==>accusing the Conservatives of plotting the same thing.

No, they did not. If you think they did, provide
even one quote from a Liberal saying that the
Tories were plotting to establish martial (not
"marshal," asshole) law.

s:
==>>==>He devalued the dollar,

IG:
==>> Absolute bullshit, you stone-ignorant, unschooled
==>> moron of a garden slug. The value of the Canadian
==>> dollar on international money markets dropped below
==>> that of its U.S. counterpart for the first time in
==>> years in (I believe it was September) 1976, the day
==>> after Rene Levesque's Parti Quebecois won the Quebec
==>> provincial election. Trudeau had absolutely nothing
==>> to do with it.

==>Except that he spent BILLIONS of dollars that we did not have.

Again, thanks for acknowledging that my facts
are correct.

s:
[...]

Bwahahahaha! A cut-and-paste job from a virulently
anti-Liberal and homophobic site* operated by an
utterly obscure, amateur Calgary Metis historian and
geneology freak that, among others, also contains the
absurd comments:

"The Liberal red book of infallibility, issued this
year, means never acknowledge mistakes; now or at any
time in the future."

And

"Canada's top court read sexual orientation into
Alberta's Human Rights Code as a prohibited grounds
for discrimination, they effectively rewrote the law,
FURTHER ERODING OUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
[emphasis mine. -IG]."

And

"The Liberal Government of Canada voted to uphold the
Principle (sic) that marriage is the union of one man
and one woman to the exclusion of all others. This
fundamental principle would be short lived in the
minds of these sick thinking people."

Get the picture, folks?

That the best you can do, snowman? Thanks again
for demonstrating that not only are you a raging fool,
but you're intellectually corrupt enough to try to
pass one old man's personal opinion and biases as
fact. But that's what we've come to expect from you
rightoid jerks.

s:
==>>==>and spent billions of dollars that we didn't have.

IG:
==>> Asshole. 'Most every government on Earth
==>> spends money it doesn't have.

==>THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT OR ACCEPTABLE, DUMBASS.

Well, thanks again for your acknowledgment that
what I said was true -- and for your personal opinion
which, I'm sure, may be of passing interest to your
drunken buds, but means shit to a tree here.

==>Do you really think
==>that you could operate your house in perpetuity in that manner?

In fact, shit-for-brains, virtually every family in
North American is operated in exactly that
manner (which is not to say that I think it's a good
idea).

IG:
==>> Funny, I
==>> don't see you railing against the U.S.
==>> government, which is running a multi-trillion-dollar
==>> deficit.

==>THIS IS CANADA,

Which, as it happens, is NOT running a deficit at
all, you flaming, ignorant moron.

s:
==>>==>And we are still
==>>==>paying for the fucking legacy today.

IG:
==>> You mean with the unprecedented prosperity we
==>> are currently enjoying?

==>Mediocrity, instead of being great.

Canada's economy has probably never in its history
been better than today. If you want to make an even
bigger public fool of yourself and characterize
"unprecedented" as "mediocre," be my guest.

s:
==>>==> He forced bilingualism on us.

IG:
==>> So?

==>So? SO? This country is composed of far more than just two languages.
==>Yet Trudeau, being the little tin-pot dictator wannabe forced Canadians
==>to stick to these two languages.

Bwahahaha! You mean Trudeau BANNED the
speaking of Italian, Greek, Dutch, Swahili,
Farsi and Russian? I did not know that!
Migawd! How could this not have been reported
earlier?!!

(What a fucking clown you are, snowman.)

You're not done sucking yet. Here, suck on
this:

"Trudeau's ambitions in this arena have been
overstated; Trudeau once said that he regretted the
use of the term 'bilingualism' because it appeared to
demand that all Canadians speak two languages. In
fact, Trudeau's vision was to see Canada as a
bilingual confederation in which all cultures would
have a place . . . However, anti-bilingual feelings
have faded as the fears of opponents have failed to be
realized and the Reform Party's successors have
reconciled themselves to the policy." - Wikipedia

"In a way, his way, he was saying with us, to that
generation -- join me now in standing against what is
wrong and standing for what is right, and many of us
were influenced profoundly by that." - Stockwell Day.

Last thing: You're a pathetic loser, snowman.
Eat shit.

* The only saving grace of this amateur historian's
website is its repeated expression of opposition to
inflicting violence on children in the name of
discipline, a position with which I heartily agree.
Boogs
2006-03-12 20:16:37 UTC
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:29:42 -0500, While Picking His Right Nostril With
Post by Ivan Gowch
* The only saving grace of this amateur historian's
website is its repeated expression of opposition to
inflicting violence on children in the name of
discipline, a position with which I heartily agree.
I take that as an admission your mommy and your daddy didn't spank you
enough.

You never had the strap in school.

Your kid brother didn't try and stuff your head down the toilet.

Your first crush dumped you for a high school football quarterback who
was a jock.

Your doctor tells you your weight problem is uncontrollable.
klunk
2006-03-12 21:55:01 UTC
Post by Boogs
Post by Ivan Gowch
* The only saving grace of this amateur historian's
website is its repeated expression of opposition to
inflicting violence on children in the name of
discipline, a position with which I heartily agree.
I take that as an admission your mommy and your daddy didn't spank you
enough.
You never had the strap in school.
Your kid brother didn't try and stuff your head down the toilet.
Your first crush dumped you for a high school football quarterback who
was a jock.
Your doctor tells you your weight problem is uncontrollable.
with such an asinine response as yours, boogs, it's clear you were a victim of
all such accusations... fuck, but how many idiots does it take to turn on a
light bulb?... go back to your dark closet and get your thumb out of your ass,
idiot.
Sharx35
2006-03-12 22:18:59 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by Boogs
Post by Ivan Gowch
* The only saving grace of this amateur historian's
website is its repeated expression of opposition to
inflicting violence on children in the name of
discipline, a position with which I heartily agree.
I take that as an admission your mommy and your daddy didn't spank
you enough.
You never had the strap in school.
Your kid brother didn't try and stuff your head down the toilet.
Your first crush dumped you for a high school football quarterback
who was a jock.
Your doctor tells you your weight problem is uncontrollable.
with such an asinine response as yours, boogs, it's clear you were a
victim of all such accusations... fuck, but how many idiots does it
take to turn on a light bulb?... go back to your dark closet and get
your thumb out of your ass, idiot.
klunk, I see that you recognize the fuckhole Gowch for what he is...a
completely braindead, stupid, naive asshole.
klunk
2006-03-12 22:56:00 UTC
Post by Sharx35
Post by klunk
Post by Boogs
Post by Ivan Gowch
[...]
shirkee, I see that you are completely consistent with your incapacity to
process the words you read... did you not see the name "boogs" in my
response...? I guess not, because, as always, you prove yourself to be a
"completely brain-dead, stupid, and naive asshole".
Sharx35
FOAD, you fucking cocksucking fudgepacker.
klunk
2006-03-12 23:00:44 UTC
Post by Sharx35
Post by Ivan Gowch
* The only saving grace of this amateur historian's
website is its repeated expression of opposition to
inflicting violence on children in the name of
discipline, a position with which I heartily agree.
FOAD, you fucking cocksucking fudgepacker.
What a lucid expression of logic... Just how do you manage, shirkee, to expound
upon your views in such a cogently concise manner which cuts through obfuscation
like a knife through butter?... Such dialectical dexterity is a shining beacon
of example for us all to descend to.

Sharx35
You are a fucking imbecile. Be careful. Be VERY careful.
Ivan Gowch
2006-03-12 01:54:43 UTC
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:28:30 GMT, "Sharx35" <***@hotmail.com>
wrote:

==>Ivan Gowch wrote:
[snip]

==>> Pierre Trudeau was without question the best
==>> prime minister Canada has ever had -- the only
==>> one besides Lester Pearson who rose to the
==>> level of world statesman, but more intellectually
==>> gifted than Pearson.
==>>
==>> Trudeau singlehandedly elevated Canada from
==>> its status a parochial backwater, irrelevant on the
==>> world stage, to a progressive, modern state that is
==>> the envy of much of humanity.

==>You are a fucking imbecile. Be careful. Be VERY careful.

Of what, Mary?

You?
Sharx35
Mary Fivefingers, your girl friend, has hang nails.
g***@vcn.bc.ca
2006-03-10 19:29:56 UTC
snowman <***@x.x> wrote:
S> >S> Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?
S> >
S> >Biblically: men fucking men
S> >fundies: men liking men in any way, whether or not they buttfuck (they f
S> >their own manlove!)

S> Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
S> Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
S> place in the bedrooms of the nation.

Who was he quoting?

--

Because I care,

.
snowman
2006-03-11 02:48:27 UTC
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
S> >S> Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?
S> >
S> >Biblically: men fucking men
S> >fundies: men liking men in any way, whether or not they buttfuck (they f
S> >their own manlove!)
S> Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
S> Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
S> place in the bedrooms of the nation.
Who was he quoting?
I believe the opinion was his own. Even though he was the worst of
Canada's Prime Ministers, I would agree with him on this one point.
George Dance
2006-03-12 14:07:52 UTC
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
S> >S> Damned if I know. Is there more than one kind?
S> >
S> >Biblically: men fucking men
S> >fundies: men liking men in any way, whether or not they buttfuck (they f
S> >their own manlove!)
S> Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
S> Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
S> place in the bedrooms of the nation.
Who was he quoting?
I remember reading that he was quoting a /Montreal Gazette/ editorial,
but I've been unable to find any corroboration of that on the web.

OTOH, the CBC credits the line to Martin O'Malley of the /Globe &
Mail/:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/vp_omalley/20050804.html
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
--
Because I care,
.
Sew
2006-03-10 23:32:32 UTC
Or in people's personal lives.
snowman
2006-03-11 02:52:37 UTC
Post by Sew
Post by snowman
Hmm. Pierre Trudeau was without a doubt the worst Prime Minister that
Canada has ever had, but he was right about one thing. The state has no
place in the bedrooms of the nation.
Or in people's personal lives.
True. By that same standard, Sharx is correct in that the homosexual
community should not be pushing their standards on the rest of society.
If it is wrong for the state to be in the nation's bedrooms, why would
it be acceptable for a special interst group?
Sew
2006-03-08 03:08:06 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by Ivan Gowch
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:52:45 -0500, SunDancer
==>Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
Mabe that's why they gave the best-actor
award to a fellow who played a gay guy.
You lose again.
Bwahahahahaha!
What does the fact that the character is gay have anything to do with
it? Maybe they guy is just a good actor, period. Perhaps that is why
he got the award?
To much sewer gas (toronto sewers that go nowhere) makes Ivan a
little wonky now and then. More now.
snowman
2006-03-08 04:48:53 UTC
No doubt. The guy clearly isn't very bright.
Oberon
2006-03-06 20:13:25 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
When will the Wehrmacht Pope announce that that God has decided to move
Armagheddon back yet again, all due to this righteous and hallowed outcome?

Will there be a Medjugorje proclamation to all the world's peoples?

Please tell us, oh religious wunderkind!

We await the Sky Fairy's word!

g***@vcn.bc.ca
2006-03-06 23:33:26 UTC
Well, nobody ever actually claimed the movie was GOOD!!!!

--

Because I care,

--
.
from gapope(at)vcn(dot)bc(dot)ca << Official Reply Address for Usenet Post
.
klunk
2006-03-07 00:31:58 UTC
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
Well, nobody ever actually claimed the movie was GOOD!!!!
which nobody are you referring to... the one's who voted to award it 3 academy
awards.... or the nobodies that gave it the Golden Globes.... or the bigoted
idiots here who's idea of sophisticated entertainment involves roaring engines
and over-sized tires and/or posturing muscle-bound imbeciles glorifying fake
violence?
--
POORCHANCE is the luck of a man WITHOUT a bank account
Quote: G. I. Betitall
g***@vcn.bc.ca
2006-03-07 18:44:01 UTC
"klunk" <***@theothershoe.org> wrote:
"> > Well, nobody ever actually claimed the movie was GOOD!!!!
">
"> which nobody are you referring to... the one's who voted to award it 3 aca
"> awards.... or the nobodies that gave it the Golden Globes.... or the bigot
"> idiots here who's idea of sophisticated entertainment involves roaring eng
"> and over-sized tires and/or posturing muscle-bound imbeciles glorifying fa
"> violence?

I mean nobody of those I heard from who watched the movie without it being
their job to. . .

--

Because I care,

.
klunk
2006-03-08 03:48:54 UTC
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
"> > Well, nobody ever actually claimed the movie was GOOD!!!!
"> which nobody are you referring to... the one's who voted to award it 3 aca
"> awards.... or the nobodies that gave it the Golden Globes.... or the bigot
"> idiots here who's idea of sophisticated entertainment involves roaring eng
"> and over-sized tires and/or posturing muscle-bound imbeciles glorifying fa
"> violence?
I mean nobody of those I heard from who watched the movie without it being
their job to. . .
"for an international total of $53.89 million"
(from: http://www.the-numbers.com/interactive/newsStory.php?newsID=1779 )

it certainly hasn't broken any mountains of attendance records (goooong... ok
that was a dud), but the numbers do suggest more than film industry participants
in attendance... i also found another link that indicates it's up for "Best
Spiritual Film of 2005": http://www.beliefnet.com/story/184/story_18463_1.html
Mr. Beefy Goodness
2006-03-07 21:29:47 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
Well, nobody ever actually claimed the movie was GOOD!!!!
which nobody are you referring to... the one's who voted to award it 3 academy
awards.... or the nobodies that gave it the Golden Globes.... or the bigoted
idiots here who's idea of sophisticated entertainment involves roaring engines
and over-sized tires and/or posturing muscle-bound imbeciles glorifying fake
violence?
If you're referring to professional wrestling with that last comment, everyone
knows that professional wrestling and homosexuality are very compatible.
Wrestlers using a 'homosexual' kayfabe have been in the WWF since the 1980s
klunk
2006-03-08 03:35:20 UTC
Post by Mr. Beefy Goodness
Post by klunk
Post by g***@vcn.bc.ca
Well, nobody ever actually claimed the movie was GOOD!!!!
which nobody are you referring to... the one's who voted to award it 3 academy
awards.... or the nobodies that gave it the Golden Globes.... or the bigoted
idiots here who's idea of sophisticated entertainment involves roaring engines
and over-sized tires and/or posturing muscle-bound imbeciles glorifying fake
violence?
If you're referring to professional wrestling with that last comment, everyone
knows that professional wrestling and homosexuality are very compatible.
Wrestlers using a 'homosexual' kayfabe have been in the WWF since the 1980s
i've tried to avoid wasting any of my time on that "sport" long ago... but
thanks for the info.... it does contain some logic... i wonder how they would
choose amongst themselves who's the husband and who's the wife... do they
"wrestle" for these roles?
"The Right One"
2006-03-07 00:05:29 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
--
TOLERANCE is a virtue of a man WITHOUT convictions. Quote: G. K.
Chesterton.
Oh my goth, you have all the un-homphobeth exthited.
--
Ahh, it's sooo nice to be
a Canadian these days.

Terry Pearson.
http://www.rightpoint.org
Helping to shape
Canada's destiny.

"You do not send men and women into
harm's way in a dangerous mission with
the support of our party and other
Canadians and then decide, once
they're over there, that you're not
sure you should have sent them,"
~Prime Minister Stephen Harper

God Keep Our Land
Glorious And Free.
Mountain Goat
2006-03-07 04:22:56 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
So who cares except film buffs and right wing nutbars?
--
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent

"To be a social conservative is to believe that the
poor have too much money, and the rich don't have
enough." - J.K. Galbraith

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get
yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days
is to go about repeating the very phrases which our
founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
- Charles Austin Beard
£Ä§RÐÄ$$©
2006-03-07 04:33:21 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
So who cares except film buffs and right wing nutbars?
Deviant closet queers named John Lauzon.
Mountain Goat
2006-03-08 05:01:23 UTC
Post by SunDancer
Maybe Hollywoody is coming to it's senses.
So who cares except film buffs and right wing nutbars?
Deviant closet queers named John Lauzon.
I thought he was covered by the second category.

- Charles Austin Beard
Defender of Enormous Manhood
2006-03-07 14:51:59 UTC
Hey John,

It won 3 Oscars, including best director, adapted screen play and best
score.
Perhaps not the best showing, considering it was nominated for 8
awards.
Crash, which won best pictue, also won 3 Oscars.

So it was a huge winner! A mega hit! Critically acclaimed! And its
about gay cowboys to boot!

Now how many more Oscars did it win over the Passion of Christ?
Now there was a yawn. About Gay priests to boot!
snowman
2006-03-10 01:57:43 UTC
Post by Defender of Enormous Manhood
So it was a huge winner! A mega hit! Critically acclaimed! And its
about gay cowboys to boot!
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt
it. The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject
matter as opposed to a well produced movie.
klunk
2006-03-10 02:18:33 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by Defender of Enormous Manhood
So it was a huge winner! A mega hit! Critically acclaimed! And its
about gay cowboys to boot!
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt it.
The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject matter as
opposed to a well produced movie.
so... what sort of controversy do you believe the Lord Of The Rings generated
when it swept the Oscars for the previous years?
snowman
2006-03-10 03:24:26 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
Post by Defender of Enormous Manhood
So it was a huge winner! A mega hit! Critically acclaimed! And its
about gay cowboys to boot!
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt it.
The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject matter as
opposed to a well produced movie.
so... what sort of controversy do you believe the Lord Of The Rings generated
when it swept the Oscars for the previous years?
None. But LOTR was much more original in content than BBM. The ONLY
unique thing about BBM is the fact that a homosexual couple is
substituted for a hetero couple. That same story with a hetero couple
would not have won. The only conclusion is the fact that the
controversial subject matter is what put it in the Oscar spotlight.
klunk
2006-03-10 04:40:05 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
Post by Defender of Enormous Manhood
So it was a huge winner! A mega hit! Critically acclaimed! And its
about gay cowboys to boot!
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt it.
The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject matter as
opposed to a well produced movie.
so... what sort of controversy do you believe the Lord Of The Rings generated
when it swept the Oscars for the previous years?
None. But LOTR was much more original in content than BBM. The ONLY unique
thing about BBM is the fact that a homosexual couple is substituted for a
hetero couple. That same story with a hetero couple would not have won. The
only conclusion is the fact that the controversial subject matter is what put
it in the Oscar spotlight.
your opinion to which you are of course entitled to, and a short-sighted
conclusion... although one aspect of uniqueness you fail to recognize is the
fact that the cowboy mythos has always upheld a strong, emotionless (and
distorted) view of what constitutes "manliness"... this movie, with one sweeping
stroke, disassembles that (fallacious) ideology down to a ground level view of
the root elements of what constitutes the human condition... love between two
cowboy men... how more basic and challenging an adjustment to stereotyped
perception can there be?

Certainly, no one could ever consider John Wayne in such a role.... just as many
people were completely shocked that the "manly" Rock Hudson could be gay....
Perhaps the real message this movie conveys (I have not yet seen it, but likely
will simply because of its controversy... along with having liked previous Ang
Lee movies because of his directorial skills) is that we need to rethink the
whole of what constitutes relationships between people and ascend beyond common
preconceptions... for this aspect alone, this movie is worthy of note... and
worth watching...

Similarly, I watched the Passion of the Christ and found it to simply be a
horrifying snuff film... but I fully believe all (particularly fundamentalist
Christians) should be mandated to watching it while closely monitoring their own
reactions... if they do not react with painful empathy for the pitiful creature
whose skin is stripped from his body by the metal-hooked whips... if they do not
feel absolute horror and disdain at the countenances of the torturers expressing
glee whilst indulging in their sadistic actions.... if they are not absolutely
disgusted by the mob that chooses to free a murder instead of a man who preaches
peace.... then they have SERIOUS psychological problems at least bordering on
psychopathic... and they need professional help before they fuck up someone
else's life...
snowman
2006-03-11 02:28:27 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
[...]
Why would it be short-sighted? By the looks of the commercials, it
totally sucks. Can you honestly tell me that if you saw those
commercials for the first time, you would not be bored to tears? There
is no hint there at all that the story is about a couple of gay
characters. The fact is, I couldn't care less what their orientation
is, the subject matter bores me to tears. IT SUCKS.
Post by klunk
although one aspect of uniqueness you fail to recognize is the
fact that the cowboy mythos has always upheld a strong, emotionless (and
distorted) view of what constitutes "manliness"... this movie, with one sweeping
stroke, disassembles that (fallacious) ideology down to a ground level view of
the root elements of what constitutes the human condition... love between two
cowboy men... how more basic and challenging an adjustment to stereotyped
perception can there be?
My concern when I go to the movies is to be entertained, and not be
bored to death with a subject that doesn't interest me. I could not
care less whether the lead characters are homo or heterosexual. The
story as depicted by the advertising made me want to spew, it looked
totally lame and stupid. Star Wars? Very entertaining. Lord of the
Rings? Likewise. Airplane? Police Squad? Funny as hell. BrokeBack
Mountain? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... I wouldn't waste my time or
money on such a lame piece of crap.
Post by klunk
Certainly, no one could ever consider John Wayne in such a role.... just as many
people were completely shocked that the "manly" Rock Hudson could be gay....
Whether he was or not....who cares? That was his business.
Post by klunk
Perhaps the real message this movie conveys (I have not yet seen it, but likely
will simply because of its controversy... along with having liked previous Ang
Lee movies because of his directorial skills) is that we need to rethink the
whole of what constitutes relationships between people and ascend beyond common
preconceptions... for this aspect alone, this movie is worthy of note... and
worth watching...
I would disagree. My concern when I go to the movies is entertainment.
BBM is nothing of the sort.
Post by klunk
Similarly, I watched the Passion of the Christ and found it to simply be a
horrifying snuff film...
I actually have never seen the film. While I think that it would have
some entertainment value as a sort of "Biography" episode, religion
would not be my prime motivator to seeing it. Perhaps I'll rent the DVD
one of these days, but I'm in no rush. BBM on the other hand has
absolutely nothing that I find intersting.
Post by klunk
but I fully believe all (particularly fundamentalist
Christians) should be mandated to watching it while closely monitoring their own
reactions... if they do not react with painful empathy for the pitiful creature
whose skin is stripped from his body by the metal-hooked whips... if they do not
feel absolute horror and disdain at the countenances of the torturers expressing
glee whilst indulging in their sadistic actions.... if they are not absolutely
disgusted by the mob that chooses to free a murder instead of a man who preaches
peace.... then they have SERIOUS psychological problems at least bordering on
psychopathic... and they need professional help before they fuck up someone
else's life...
Indeed. I have no doubt that such acts went on during the time of
Christ, as they do today. It seems that human stupidity and cruelty
hasn't changed much in the last 2000 years.
klunk
2006-03-11 03:14:02 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
[...]
oscars consider artistic merit as the preemptive basis for an award and the LOR
was a visual triumph along with a reverent adherence toward the original
story-teller's vision.

BBM is an examination of the human condition which forces not only a public
review of such, it has generated a ripple throughout the globe... such as this
conversation between individuals whom have never seen it, but are talking about
it and related issues... this is the primary function of art, to change the way
we view the world... and in this regard, this movie has contributed much toward
a necessary and traditionally repressed topic in common conversation...
Post by snowman
By the looks of the commercials, it totally sucks. Can you honestly tell me
that if you saw those commercials for the first time, you would not be bored
to tears? There is no hint there at all that the story is about a couple of
gay characters. The fact is, I couldn't care less what their orientation is,
the subject matter bores me to tears. IT SUCKS.
my own interest in the story stems primarily from the controversy... and were it
not for that, the story itself would not attract me... now i've decided that i
need to view it for myself in order to make my own determination of its value...
the same decision-making process i applied to my viewing of the Passion of the
Christ...

i've been over-inundated with fundie-crap that i usually avoid experiencing
more... and would not have viewed it were it not for the controversy...
similarly with BBM... i've known many gays and have empathized with their
suffering by a callous society that i must view this movie if for no other
reason than to demonstrate, in whatever miniscule fashion, some solidarity for
their cause....
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
[...]
what entertains me is a good story, first and foremost... "if it ain't on the
page, it ain't on the stage".... and for me... everthing else follows... i've
enjoyed some pablum as much as many others have like the original 3 Star Wars
but I found Police Squad to be childish drivel... just like the Austin Powers
movies have done nothing but bore me.... Airplane... and slapstick humor in
general does nothing for me and my response to such is zzzzzzzzz.

i may find BBM to be boring as hell and i may actually despise it, but i wish to
make that determination for myself, if only to spite those who seek to diminish
its value because they are uncomfortable with its premise... i am normally not
attracted to love stories, particularly if they are sappy, but i am attracted to
stories that provide keen insights into the human condition... so, i cannot
honestly tell you if i would have responded to the trailers in any other way
without considering the sum total of my experiences when becoming aware of this
movie's existence....
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Certainly, no one could ever consider John Wayne in such a role.... just as
many people were completely shocked that the "manly" Rock Hudson could be
gay....
Whether he was or not....who cares? That was his business.
true... but then, who cares if this movie is about gay men or not... the fundies
seem to want to make it THEIR business and to them, my viewing of it is borne
more out of a need to tell THEM to fuck off than anything else... and i will
certainly admit that this is not the way i prefer to choose my entertainment.
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Perhaps the real message this movie conveys (I have not yet seen it, but
likely will simply because of its controversy... along with having liked
previous Ang Lee movies because of his directorial skills) is that we need to
rethink the whole of what constitutes relationships between people and ascend
beyond common preconceptions... for this aspect alone, this movie is worthy of
note... and worth watching...
I would disagree. My concern when I go to the movies is entertainment. BBM
is nothing of the sort.
"entertainment" is an ambiguous term for what is ultimately a subjective
experience and your reasons for not wanting to view it are certainly valid... as
Jackon Pollock once said, "some flowers i like... others i don't"... there
doesn't need to be any other reason than that to make such a decision... in my
case, the fundies have actually given me one that would not have existed
otherwise without their intervention.
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Similarly, I watched the Passion of the Christ and found it to simply be a
horrifying snuff film...
I actually have never seen the film. While I think that it would have some
entertainment value as a sort of "Biography" episode, religion would not be my
prime motivator to seeing it. Perhaps I'll rent the DVD one of these days,
but I'm in no rush. BBM on the other hand has absolutely nothing that I find
intersting.
if you choose to see it... be prepared for an experience of revulsion (simply
because my experience with my conversation with you leads me to believe you are
not sadistic by nature)... and it is wise to regard it from the perspective of
"biography" because it contains no "entertainment" value as you've described
above.
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
[...]
*sigh*.... i wish it were not so... but this resurgence of fundamentalism truly
reeks of such dregs that i've hoped was long behind us....
snowman
2006-03-11 21:40:49 UTC
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
[...]
I suspect that it will be more like 15 minutes of fame, and then
forgotten. We'll see in about a year or so.
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
By the looks of the commercials, it totally sucks. Can you honestly tell me
that if you saw those commercials for the first time, you would not be bored
to tears? There is no hint there at all that the story is about a couple of
gay characters. The fact is, I couldn't care less what their orientation is,
the subject matter bores me to tears. IT SUCKS.
my own interest in the story stems primarily from the controversy... and were it
not for that, the story itself would not attract me...
That being the case, then I agree that you are one to see it. The
controversy however means nothing to me. I could not care less whether
you are homosexual, heterosexual or whatever. That's your business as
well as the personal business of each individual. Perhaps there are
homosexual cowboys as the movie depicts, I really couldn't care less.
The movie still does not interest me.
Post by klunk
i've been over-inundated with fundie-crap that i usually avoid experiencing
more... and would not have viewed it were it not for the controversy...
similarly with BBM...
You have the courage to act on your convictions and beliefs, I applaud
that. But don't you think that some of the people pushing this movie
are using the same tactics as the 'fundies' that you are complaining
about? It seems to me that those on both sides of the issue employ the
same tactics. It only becomes wrong if it comes from the wrong side....
Post by klunk
i've known many gays and have empathized with their
suffering by a callous society that i must view this movie if for no other
reason than to demonstrate, in whatever miniscule fashion, some solidarity for
their cause....
I agree and I don't. I don't feel that I should have to see a movie
that absolutely does not interest me just to show solidarity. What's
wrong with showing kindness and respect to the person, regardless of how
he/she looks or sexual orientation?
Post by klunk
what entertains me is a good story, first and foremost... "if it ain't on the
page, it ain't on the stage".... and for me... everthing else follows... i've
enjoyed some pablum as much as many others have like the original 3 Star Wars
but I found Police Squad to be childish drivel... just like the Austin Powers
movies have done nothing but bore me.... Airplane... and slapstick humor in
general does nothing for me and my response to such is zzzzzzzzz.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. My brother absolutely
loves the movie "Fight club", while I thought it pretty lame. Gladiator
on the other hand I thought was great and it is still one of my favorite
movies. My brother on the other hand....
Post by klunk
i may find BBM to be boring as hell and i may actually despise it, but i wish to
make that determination for myself, if only to spite those who seek to diminish
its value because they are uncomfortable with its premise...
Don't let there be any doubt, klunk. I really don't care less about the
premise, which is why I say that if the characters were a guy and a
girl, I still wouldn't go see it simply because the subject matter I
find to be droll. It ain't my cup of tea.
Post by klunk
i am normally not
attracted to love stories, particularly if they are sappy, but i am attracted to
stories that provide keen insights into the human condition...
Again, good reasons for you to see it. But such reasons aren't my
motivators to see a movie.
Post by klunk
so, i cannot
honestly tell you if i would have responded to the trailers in any other way
without considering the sum total of my experiences when becoming aware of this
movie's existence....
Now if a good, solid, entertaining flick were forthcoming...sigh, looks
like that's not to be for the next little while.
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
Whether he was or not....who cares? That was his business.
true... but then, who cares if this movie is about gay men or not...
Agreed.
Post by klunk
the fundies
seem to want to make it THEIR business and to them, my viewing of it is borne
more out of a need to tell THEM to fuck off than anything else... and i will
certainly admit that this is not the way i prefer to choose my entertainment.
Don't let such people influence you on how you live...it's none of their
business. Maybe that's why I have such a distaste of Liberals, they
have been far too imposing of their philisophical will on Canadians.
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
I actually have never seen the film. While I think that it would have some
entertainment value as a sort of "Biography" episode, religion would not be my
prime motivator to seeing it. Perhaps I'll rent the DVD one of these days,
but I'm in no rush. BBM on the other hand has absolutely nothing that I find
intersting.
if you choose to see it... be prepared for an experience of revulsion (simply
because my experience with my conversation with you leads me to believe you are
not sadistic by nature)... and it is wise to regard it from the perspective of
"biography" because it contains no "entertainment" value as you've described
above.
I may well eventually. I may well even rent BBM eventually (I admit
that I did so with Titanic, much to my disappointment. What a yawner.)
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
Indeed. I have no doubt that such acts went on during the time of Christ, as
they do today. It seems that human stupidity and cruelty hasn't changed much
in the last 2000 years.
*sigh*.... i wish it were not so... but this resurgence of fundamentalism truly
reeks of such dregs that i've hoped was long behind us....
I don't really think that you can pin such things strictly on
fundamentalism. Poor human character comes in many shapes, sizes and
forms. Maybe good human character does so as well? Let's hope so.
klunk
2006-03-11 22:35:03 UTC
<no points of contention, therefore, irrelevancies snipped>
You have the courage to act on your convictions and beliefs, I applaud that.
But don't you think that some of the people pushing this movie are using the
same tactics as the 'fundies' that you are complaining about? It seems to me
that those on both sides of the issue employ the same tactics. It only
becomes wrong if it comes from the wrong side....
actually, promotional strategies for this movie have been no different than
promotional strategies for any other movie... the uniqueness in public awareness
stems from the fundie-generated controversy
i've known many gays and have empathized with their suffering by a callous
society that i must view this movie if for no other reason than to
demonstrate, in whatever miniscule fashion, some solidarity for their
cause....
I agree and I don't. I don't feel that I should have to see a movie that
absolutely does not interest me just to show solidarity. What's wrong with
showing kindness and respect to the person, regardless of how he/she looks or
sexual orientation?
if all believed such, there would be no controversy and thus, no need to support
the down-trodden.
what entertains me is a good story, first and foremost... "if it ain't on the
page, it ain't on the stage".... and for me... everthing else follows... i've
enjoyed some pablum as much as many others have like the original 3 Star Wars
but I found Police Squad to be childish drivel... just like the Austin Powers
movies have done nothing but bore me.... Airplane... and slapstick humor in
general does nothing for me and my response to such is zzzzzzzzz.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. My brother absolutely loves
the movie "Fight club", while I thought it pretty lame. Gladiator on the
other hand I thought was great and it is still one of my favorite movies. My
brother on the other hand....
i haven't seen fight club, but i did enjoy gladiator... my big faves include the
matrix trilogy and an obscure trilogy that likely few, if any here have ever
heard of... koyaanisquatsi, powwaquatsi (and i have yet to see the third, which
i intend to, someday... the name of which escapes me at the moment)... which had
absolutely no script and no actors.... but was a wondrous, visionary and
thought-provoking feast (which must be experienced on a huge screen with
surround sound to truly appreciate).
i may find BBM to be boring as hell and i may actually despise it, but i wish
to >>make that determination for myself, if only to spite those who seek to
diminish its value because they are uncomfortable with its premise...
Don't let there be any doubt, klunk. I really don't care less about the
premise, which is why I say that if the characters were a guy and a girl, I
still wouldn't go see it simply because the subject matter I find to be droll.
It ain't my cup of tea.
this is an honest response and i have absolutely have no problem with it... i do
have a problem when people seek to politicize movies in the effort to promote
their own hate-mongering issues...

<more snippage of irrelevancies>
the fundies seem to want to make it THEIR business and to them,
my viewing of it is borne more out of a need to tell THEM to fuck off than
anything else... and i will certainly admit that this is not the way i prefer
to choose my entertainment.
Don't let such people influence you on how you live...it's none of their
business. Maybe that's why I have such a distaste of Liberals, they have been
far too imposing of their philisophical will on Canadians.
Unfortunately, such types influence all our lives everyday. Our choices are to
attempt to ignore their idiocies (which is the strategy most sane people take
when more concerned with matters of greater import, such as their own peaceful
lives) while these fundies further their own agendas until we reach a point of
saturation and intolerance resulting from too much damage being done and too
many lives being destroyed, and too many of our rights and freedoms being
stripped away.... or we stand up to them now, and shove them back into their
dank and repressive holes.

"All that is required for evil to exist in this world,
is for good people to do nothing." - Benjamin Disraeli

<more snippage>
I may well eventually. I may well even rent BBM eventually (I admit that I
did so with Titanic, much to my disappointment. What a yawner.)
i did the same with Passion of the Christ... i'm not rushing out to view it, nor
do i intend on renting it as soon as it's available on dvd... i'll probably wait
until it's hit the 7-day rental status where i pick it up along with a number of
others for a period of vegging while recovering from the ungodly hours i
currently work... when i can sample some "counter-balancing" entertainment in my
diet...
Post by snowman
Indeed. I have no doubt that such acts went on during the time of Christ, as
they do today. It seems that human stupidity and cruelty hasn't changed
much in the last 2000 years.
*sigh*.... i wish it were not so... but this resurgence of fundamentalism
truly reeks of such dregs that i've hoped was long behind us....
I don't really think that you can pin such things strictly on fundamentalism.
Poor human character comes in many shapes, sizes and forms. Maybe good human
character does so as well? Let's hope so.
i'm sorry, but "fundamentalism" as i interpret its meaning is a strict and
literal adherence to words written in whatever version of whatever book one
chooses to subscribe to and this act is pure lunacy when considering the sum
total of all words expressed by humanity....

another description i have for these books is akin to an ancient tome written
during periods of human barbarism... which is not to deny that they and others
written during similar periods contain some "fundamental" truths about the human
condition, only that a literal interpretation of their (primarily) allegorical
meanings is idiotically repressive.... i've read the Upanishads and the Tibet
Book of the Dead, for instance... and i would never hold any of these or any
other books i've read as the penultimate descriptors of what constitutes right
and wrong within this world...

anyone of good human character, does not apply such a limiting attitude toward
their faith and are capable of accepting the realities in this world as things
that simply exist and must be understood before attempting to force others to
comply with their sensibilities... "good human character" definitely falls
outside my definition of such destructive fantasy as attributed toward
fundamentalism... it is true, however, that "poor human character" is not a
monopoly with them...
Sew
2006-03-11 00:02:23 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by klunk
Post by snowman
Post by Defender of Enormous Manhood
So it was a huge winner! A mega hit! Critically acclaimed! And its
about gay cowboys to boot!
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt it.
The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject matter as
opposed to a well produced movie.
so... what sort of controversy do you believe the Lord Of The Rings generated
when it swept the Oscars for the previous years?
None. But LOTR was much more original in content than BBM. The ONLY
unique thing about BBM is the fact that a homosexual couple is
substituted for a hetero couple. That same story with a hetero couple
would not have won. The only conclusion is the fact that the
controversial subject matter is what put it in the Oscar spotlight.
I read somewhere to day that the director of Brokeback Mountain has
made other moives with a "gay" theme. About losing the oscar he said
something about making the movie not about beng "gay" but rather about
life. You know that old saying " one does what one knows best?" ,
well, I now wonder about the producer.
klunk
2006-03-11 00:22:02 UTC
Post by Sew
Post by snowman
Post by snowman
Lord Of The Rings generated
when it swept the Oscars for the previous years?
None. But LOTR was much more original in content than BBM.
btw... how can a re-interpretation of something that was written so long ago be
"more original" than what was written only recently?
Post by Sew
Post by snowman
The ONLY
unique thing about BBM is the fact that a homosexual couple is
substituted for a hetero couple. That same story with a hetero couple
would not have won. The only conclusion is the fact that the
controversial subject matter is what put it in the Oscar spotlight.
I read somewhere to day that the director of Brokeback Mountain has
made other moives with a "gay" theme. About losing the oscar he said
something about making the movie not about beng "gay" but rather
about life. You know that old saying " one does what one knows
best?" , well, I now wonder about the producer.
you can wonder all you like about secret conspiracies to corrupt your mind,
sew... but the fact of the matter is that the arts in general attracts greater
proportions of gays because this is the only means by which they can find
acceptance within a society that shuns them and not only allows them the freedom
to express themselves, but encourages it...

in fact, if your entertainment preferences include sappy love stories (yes, even
between heterosexuals) most of them included at least participation if not
impetus by many whom are gay... although if you prefer movies with much blood
and violence, i would extend my analogy by suggesting this form of entertainment
to be an outlet for sado-masochistic tendencies...
klunk
2006-03-11 00:26:13 UTC
Post by klunk
in fact, if your entertainment preferences include sappy love stories (yes,
even between heterosexuals) most of them included at least participation if
not impetus by many whom are gay... although if you prefer movies with much
blood
and violence, i would extend my analogy by suggesting this form of
entertainment to be an outlet for sado-masochistic tendencies...
before someone lambastes me... i meant extend my "argument" not "analogy"... i
hit the send button too soon.
Irish.Eyes
2006-03-11 14:46:18 UTC
"Sew" <***@nosuchaddress.ca> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

<snip>
Post by Sew
life. You know that old saying " one does what one knows best?" ,
well, I now wonder about the producer.
Why would you wonder, Sew? Really...
Is it a vicarious interest? Perverse? Salacious? ; )
Hmmmm - come to think of it...what's your sex life like? Do you get
lucky often? What's your favourite position?
It's really not comfortable when people start wondering about your
sexual proclivities, is it?
Jimmy Bly
2006-03-10 03:02:43 UTC
Post by snowman
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt
it. The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject
matter as opposed to a well produced movie.
How you say that without seeing the movie and hence from a position of
ignorance, demonstrates your personal prejudice.
snowman
2006-03-11 02:10:35 UTC
Post by Jimmy Bly
Post by snowman
Suppose that this movie had the characters from Titanic, in other words,
suppose that it was about a hetero couple. Would it have won? I doubt
it. The Oscar hoopla seems to be more about a controversial subject
matter as opposed to a well produced movie.
How you say that without seeing the movie and hence from a position of
ignorance, demonstrates your personal prejudice.
Not really, although you are letting your own prejudices shine through
quite clearly. I saw the commercials, and BBM looks about as lame and
dumb as 'When Harry Met Sally', 'Titanic' or 'Maid in Manhatten'. All
of these movies totally suck and BBM is no different. Why should I pay
good money to see something that is in the same league with a whole
gaggle of stupid and lame movies? Is it just because the lead
characters are gay? Your attitude reminds me of a visible minority who
screams "DISCRIMINATION" in the loudest possible voice just to get
his/her way when in fact the whole issue has nothing to do with skin
color. Or in this case, with sexual orientation. Face it, the movie
sucks, plain and simple.
Ivan Gowch
2006-03-11 17:53:38 UTC
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 02:10:35 GMT, snowman <***@x.x> wrote
of the movie Brokeback Mountain:

==>I saw the commercials, and BBM looks about as lame and
==>dumb as 'When Harry Met Sally', 'Titanic' or 'Maid in Manhatten'. All
==>of these movies totally suck and BBM is no different.

Leave it to a rightoid moron to render judgment
on a film he hasn't seen, going only by the
trailers.

What a doofus you are, pal. What a sadly fourth-rate
mind you possess.

Please tell me you don't vote....
snowman
2006-03-11 20:12:42 UTC
Post by Ivan Gowch
==>I saw the commercials, and BBM looks about as lame and
==>dumb as 'When Harry Met Sally', 'Titanic' or 'Maid in Manhatten'. All
==>of these movies totally suck and BBM is no different.
Leave it to a rightoid moron to render judgment
on a film he hasn't seen, going only by the
trailers.
And you can tell me that you reserve judgement on EVERY movie that is
out there until you've seen it? Stupid fuck, the story sucks, the
reviews are boring and those who I have talked to who have seen it tell
me 'don't waste your money.' The homosexual matter contained within the
film are irrelevant, the film sucks. Therefore, I will not be seeing
it. Fucking stupid, aren't you Ivan?
Post by Ivan Gowch
What a doofus you are, pal. What a sadly fourth-rate
mind you possess.
Please tell me you don't vote....
Are you the same dummy who thinks that 100,000 x 600 = 600,000? You
must have been a Liberal finance minister at some point, right? Dumb shit.
Sharx35
Fuck off, cocksucker.
Karen Gordon
2006-03-10 23:21:56 UTC
Post by PoBoy
Trudeau was a total a**hole marxist.
He drove us deep into debt, and created the myth of bilingualism.
He should be dug up and deported to Cuba.
(K): Trudeau was a great Canadian, a great Prime Minister, and a great
defender of Canadian sovereignty.

He was honoured with one of the most ceremonious state funerals ever
accorded a Canadian Prime Minister because of the affection and respect
of the Canadian people. Leaders from around the world attended to pay
tribute to one of Canada's greatest leaders - ever.

PS: It was Mulroney that drove our economy into the ground while he
stuffed his own pockets with 'on the take' money from the Airbus purchase.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
If there is any larceny in a man, golf will bring it out
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Mr. Beefy Goodness
2006-03-10 23:30:42 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by PoBoy
Trudeau was a total a**hole marxist.
He drove us deep into debt, and created the myth of bilingualism.
He should be dug up and deported to Cuba.
(K): Trudeau was a great Canadian, a great Prime Minister, and a great
defender of Canadian sovereignty.
He was honoured with one of the most ceremonious state funerals ever
accorded a Canadian Prime Minister because of the affection and respect
of the Canadian people. Leaders from around the world attended to pay
tribute to one of Canada's greatest leaders - ever.
PS: It was Mulroney that drove our economy into the ground
Oh, so Trudeau's ridiculous buyout of all the Gulf gas stations, converting
them to govt, owned 'Petro-Canada' stations that lost jillions of dollars every
second they were in govt. possesion had no effect on driving our economy into
the ground? Ooops, I forgot, I'm replying to a mental retard. Never mind.
snowman
2006-03-11 03:06:32 UTC
Post by Mr. Beefy Goodness
Oh, so Trudeau's ridiculous buyout of all the Gulf gas stations, converting
them to govt, owned 'Petro-Canada' stations that lost jillions of dollars every
second they were in govt. possesion had no effect on driving our economy into
the ground? Ooops, I forgot, I'm replying to a mental retard. Never mind.
Another excellent point. What the hell was this moron thinking?
Consumer enterprises such as gas stations have no business in the hands
of the state. Yet another one of Trudeau's bogus 'legacies'.
PoBoy
2006-03-10 23:36:16 UTC
Thats why he attacked all of its institutions in order fulfill his marxist visions.

What really scares me is so many Canadians buy into this liberal created myth,
in reality trudeau hopelessly divided the country.

His legacy will be an independent quebec-- finally, some good news.

Karen Gordon wrote:
a great
snowman
2006-03-11 02:37:06 UTC
Post by PoBoy
Thats why he attacked all of its institutions in order fulfill his marxist visions.
What really scares me is so many Canadians buy into this liberal created myth,
in reality trudeau hopelessly divided the country.
His legacy will be an independent quebec-- finally, some good news.
Indeed, I suspect this will be the case some day. The sad fact is that
Trudeau's callous attitudes are still carried on today by the blind
followers such as Karen who can't see the facts. Trudeau was a disgrace
and a impediment to what could have been a great country.
snowman
2006-03-11 02:33:46 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
(K): Trudeau was a great Canadian, a great Prime Minister, and a great
defender of Canadian sovereignty.
Trudeau liked to paint himself as a great Canadian, but he was anything
but. He alienated Quebec, he stole billions from Alberta, he flipped
the finger to anyone who he disagreed with, he was a communist during a
time when communism was a direct threat to our society. He spent
billions of dollars that Canada didn't have and plunged us into debt.
He lied in that he enacted wage and price controls after he explicitly
stated that he would not. May we never be graced with such a disgusting
and disgraceful leader ever again.
Karen Gordon
2006-03-11 00:21:56 UTC
Post by Sew
I read somewhere to day that the director of Brokeback Mountain has
made other moives with a "gay" theme. About losing the oscar he said
something about making the movie not about beng "gay" but rather about
life. You know that old saying " one does what one knows best?" ,
well, I now wonder about the producer.
(K): What do you "wonder about the producer"? Say it straight.

And it wasn't "the producer" who made that comment. It was the director of
the film - Ang Lee.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable
seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Peter White
2006-03-11 00:29:03 UTC
I don't see all the noise about Brokeback Mountain, This silly taboo
about 'untouchable topics was broken in 2001 when that porn movie won
all those Acadamy awards.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Gordon Chomway
2006-03-11 00:46:48 UTC
Post by Peter White
I don't see all the noise about Brokeback Mountain, This silly taboo
about 'untouchable topics was broken in 2001 when that porn movie won
all those Acadamy awards.
In 2001, Gladiator won best movie and Ang Lee's "Crouching Tiger, Boring Movie"
did well too! Ang Lee directed Brokeback of course.

Boogie Nights was nominated in 1997 for 3, but never won.

It had Don Cheadle (as porno star "Buck Swoop") and Philip Seymour Hoffman in
it.

A really good Philip Seymour Hoffman movie is "Owning Mahowny"

It's about the true story of a Toronto banker who went nuts with his gambling
problem. Really well done!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0285861/
Peter White
2006-03-11 01:01:58 UTC
Post by Gordon Chomway
Post by Peter White
I don't see all the noise about Brokeback Mountain, This silly taboo
about 'untouchable topics was broken in 2001 when that porn movie won
all those Acadamy awards.
In 2001, Gladiator
Oh excuse me, "Gladiator" is it ?
One word, I thought it was a four word title ....
Sorry about that. Its because of the fact that I often slur my speech.

Gordon Chomway
2006-03-11 01:14:26 UTC
Post by Peter White
Post by Gordon Chomway
Post by Peter White
I don't see all the noise about Brokeback Mountain, This silly taboo
about 'untouchable topics was broken in 2001 when that porn movie won
all those Acadamy awards.
In 2001, Gladiator
Oh excuse me, "Gladiator" is it ?
One word, I thought it was a four word title ....
Sorry about that. Its because of the fact that I often slur my speech.
I believe that you might be thinking of "Crash", made by Toronto's David
Cronenberg (1996)!

It was considered outrageous and very controversial at the time.

It wasn't nominated for any Academy Awards, however it won "Best Alternative
Adult Feature Film" in the Adult Video News Awards and won the Jury Special
Prize at Cannes. It also cleaned up at the Genies.

It starred James Spader, who works along side of William Shatner in "Boston
Legal" playing Alan Shore.

"After getting into a serious car accident, a TV director discovers an
underground sub-culture of scared car crash fetish victims and tries to use
that to rejuvenate his sex life with his wife."
Peter White
2006-03-11 01:26:58 UTC
Post by Gordon Chomway
Post by Peter White
Post by Gordon Chomway
Post by Peter White
I don't see all the noise about Brokeback Mountain, This silly taboo
about 'untouchable topics was broken in 2001 when that porn movie won
all those Acadamy awards.
In 2001, Gladiator
Oh excuse me, "Gladiator" is it ?
One word, I thought it was a four word title ....
Sorry about that. Its because of the fact that I often slur my speech.
I believe that you might be thinking of "Crash", made by Toronto's David
Cronenberg (1996)!
No I thought it was Glad he ate her ...... Glad 'e ate 'er
Karen Gordon
2006-03-11 02:55:26 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by Karen Gordon
(K): Trudeau was a great Canadian, a great Prime Minister, and a great
defender of Canadian sovereignty.
Trudeau liked to paint himself as a great Canadian, but he was anything
but. He alienated Quebec, he stole billions from Alberta, he flipped
the finger to anyone who he disagreed with, he was a communist during a

(K): [cut of anti-Trudeau rhetoric]

Trudeau WAS amongst the greatest Canadians that we've ever known: Trudeau,
Diefenbaker, Tommy Douglas, David Orchard .......

He held Canada together; he defied and defeated Quebec separatists; he laid
the groundwork for other great Canadians who never bent to 'sovereigntist'
or separatist demands. Pierre Trudeau was one of our greatest and most
loyal Canadians. We need to rid out governments and out political parties
of those who are not...... Mulroney, Martin, Harper ......

Canada and Canadians have survived worse. Let's get back to those and those
politics that look after 'us'. Those who have made Canada the country it is -
BEFORE we look after those who would take from the Canada that they think is
is an easy 'mark'...... the U.S.A. amongst the biggest of the threats.
billy bob
Sharx35
2006-03-11 03:16:48 UTC
Post by billy bob
david orchard....lol.....did i read that
correctly.....david.....lol....orchard.....take your meds girly.......
Orchard was is and will always be an asshole.
Post by billy bob
threats.
Sharx35
2006-03-11 03:16:24 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by snowman
Post by Karen Gordon
[...]
Get off your anti-USA high horse. It is the surefire mark of an adolescent
type rebel to rant and blame Canada's problems on the USA.
snowman
2006-03-11 20:14:24 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
(K): [cut of anti-Trudeau rhetoric]
Trudeau WAS amongst the greatest Canadians that we've ever known: Trudeau,
Diefenbaker, Tommy Douglas, David Orchard .......
Trudeau was a disaster. Thank goodness he's gone.
~remaining Liberalnazi propoganda snipped~
Nobody
2006-03-11 20:19:30 UTC
Post by snowman
Post by Karen Gordon
Trudeau, Diefenbaker, Tommy Douglas, David Orchard .......
Trudeau was a disaster. Thank goodness he's gone.
You won't get any argument from me on that. Those Ontario Liberal boot
lickers may disagree though.
Bill Melater
2006-03-11 03:49:18 UTC
Crash was a much better movie at any rate.
Sean
2006-03-11 03:53:21 UTC
Post by Bill Melater
Crash was a much better movie at any rate.
Crash was amazing.

Sean